Open Fairways - the ‘world’s local green fee programme’
Established for over 15 years, Open Fairways is the leading provider of green fee incentives throughout the world and the only choice for the discerning golfer.
The Open Fairways concept is simple - members and their guests (up to 8 players can use a single card) have the opportunity to play quality golf courses, either locally or abroad, at affordable prices.
This is your chance to experience what members of Open Fairways enjoy week in week out... unprecedented choice at a fraction of the cost.
From playing golf at a local course or hidden gem, to a day out at a Championship course, to arranging a golf break in France, Spain or Portugal and beyond, the fully transferable Open Fairways Privilege Card delivers the ultimate value and choice.
Membership is your passport to exclusive, typically half price green-fee savings for up to eight golfers on any one visit – perfect for golfers of all abilities and if you regularly play with friends or family.
The programme features many top ranked venues such as Turnberry, Gleneagles, Lahinch, Royal Dublin, Royal St. David’s, Trevose, Fulford Heath and Brocket Hall as well as hundreds of local courses and hidden gems.
With a growing list of international venues, including Portugal’s Praia D’El Rey, Spain's La Manga Club, Sweden's Barsebäck and China's Mission Hills, there really is something for every discerning golfer, including the new Links Collection
Membership benefits include:
• Exclusive green fee offers at 1000+ premier courses throughout GB & Ireland
Course examples and savings:
Comparison to voucher schemes:
• One Open Fairways card is equivalent to a full year’s unlimited supply of vouchers
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How long are The Open Fairways Membership cards valid for?
Q. How do the green fee offers work in practice?
Q. Are there any restrictions as to when I can claim the golf or hotel discounts?
Q. Do all the golfers in my party need to be members to be entitled to the savings?
Q. Can I only use my Card once at each participating golf course and hotel?
Q. Do you require a handicap certificate to be able to play the participating courses?
Q. Am I the only one who can use my Membership Card?
Q. I am not even a golfer!
Q. How do I find out which courses participate in this scheme?
Q. Can we just turn up at a course with my Card and play?
Q. Does my membership expire?
Q. Are the Membership Cards transferable?
Q. My friend is a member at a participating club. Can I get the
discount on a member's guest green fee?
Q. How much can I save with Open Fairways?
Q. How quickly will I receive my Membership Card if I order online?
Q. How many Cards can I order?
Q. Would I be eligible for a discount if ordering more than one Card?
Q. What if I have more questions?
The Open Fairways Membership Card costs just £59 from Golf Today inclusive of shipping and handling.
BY CHEQUE : You can order by post, making cheques payable to "GolfToday". Please send your remittance and your name and full address to:-
ONLINE: You can order online using your credit card via our secure server by clicking here.
Terms & Conditions
These are the simple steps you need to follow when using your Card.
Participating courses are clearly marked with the OPEN FAIRWAYS icon (right) on the county or regional listings, as well as on the course page itself, just below the 'Visitors' information.
1. Telephone or email your chosen golf club in advance to arrange your tee times, and be sure to declare your intention to use your Open Fairways Membership Card, as well as the number of players (up to eight may play with just one Card). Tee times are subject to availability. In Asia, please contact the Open Fairways local offices for reservations, details here)
2. Read any requirements and restrictions carefully for the golf club you intend to visit. Certain clubs may require a handicap certificate or impose other requirements such as Soft Spikes only. These are listed in the course directory, though it's also wise to double check exactly what the club requires when booking.
3. The special Open Fairways rate only applies in the season and on the days and times specified by the club. When you make the telephone or email booking, the course will confirm any restrictions.
4. The Open Fairways Membership Card is for casual play only and is not valid for substitute or part payment for society/corporate bookings of more than 8 golfers. Any exceptions to this rule are at the complete discretion of the golf club and require the express agreement of the Golf Manager at the time of booking.
5. A current Open Fairways Membership Card must be presented along with the balance of the green fees payable. All the golfers must tee-off together based on the standard, adult, visitor green fee rates.
6. Open Fairways applicants must be aged 18 or over. It is at the discretion of each participating course whether or not they permit any junior green fee rate to be applied to the Open Fairways terms and can be checked at the time of booking.
7. Please observe the dress code of each club you intend to visit. Failure to do so may result in you being refused access to the course and/or the clubhouse.
8. Certain participating clubs reserve the right to restrict the number of times in any 12 month period that a membershp card holder may avail of the special Open Fairways rates. It is essential to check after the first round whether or not a club imposes such restrictions.
9. The Open Fairways Card may not be used in conjunction with club competitions such as Open Days or any other short-term promotional offers. The green fee offers do not apply to visitors' rates when playing with a member of a participating club.
10. Occasionally a new or temporary member of the pro shop staff may be unaware of the Open Fairways arrangement. In the unlikely event of this arising you should ask to consult the golf manager for clarification.
11. Golf Today will inform the Open Fairways scheme owners of the new Member's name and contact details, so that Open Fairways can, as and when appropriate, inform the Member of special promotional offers and new benefits available to Card holders.
OPEN FAIRWAYS RELATED INFORMATION
LIST OF ALL HALF PRICE GOLF COURSES IN:
FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT EACH SCHEME