Newburgh-on-Ythan Golf Club was founded in 1888 and was originally a nine hole course laid out on the Newburgh Links which is located along the River Ythan estuary and the coastal dunes.
The course was extended in 1996 and the new nine holes - the outward half - is characterised by undulations and hills, with elevated tees and greens requiring a range of shot making. The original inward nine demands accurate golf from tee to green and is the epitome of the typical Scottish links course.
The course at Newburgh is noted for the quality of its greens, its playability regardless to the weather conditions and its magnificent setting. Mark Sinclair