Set in an area of outstanding natural beauty along a beautiful sandy beach on Portugal's Silver Coast less than one hour north of Lisbon and near the medieval town of Óbidos.
From Lisbon airport, take junction 14 off the A8 motorway.
• Five star Marriott Praia D'El Rey Hotel
• Self-catering houses
• Swimming pool, tennis courts, surfing, football, world class Spa
• 7 tennis courts, UEFA-standard football pitch
• Pristine white sand beach
• "Club Adventura" (open during summer and school holidays). Children's outdoor activity centre and games room among which surfing & horse riding
(Exc from Hotel's website)
Five minutes Activities/Beach: Obidos lagoon - kayaking, sailing, windsurfing and water skiing Activity: Horse riding - there are several recommended riding centres nearby
15 minutes Sightseeing: The fishing village of Peniche and the UNESCO World Heritage medieval town of Obidos (Chocolate Festival - February, Medieval Fair - July, Christmas Fair - December). Sightseeing: The Dinosaur Museum in Lourinhã. This site is one of the most important in Europe and is still actively used by archaeologists. Activity: Go-karting in the International Silver Coast Kart Centre in Bombarral on an eight-hectare site, with a huge 1,225m track. Sightseeing: Visit Caldas da Rainha for its daily market and ceramics museum and factory.
Up to 30 minutes Sightseeing: Several wine cellars and vineyards offer tasting tours.
40-minutes (boat ride) Sightseeing: Trip to the islands of Berlenga, a national marine nature reserve, where you can also go deep sea diving and scuba diving. Sightseeing/beach: Visit Cascais, a picturesque old fishing village and now a favourite night spot for Lisbonites. Sightseeing: Coimbra, Portugal's most famous cultural centre featuring one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in Europe; worth visiting for its fine monuments and architectural heritage.
50 minutes Sightseeing: Lisbon, the vibrant capital of Portugal: world-class museums, theatres, galleries, shops, restaurants and a busy nightlife.
An hour Sightseeing: Enjoy a religious experience at the holy Catholic town of Fatima. Sightseeing : Drive up into the hills to visit the UNESCO World Heritage town of Sintra, famous for its 15th century palace in the village centre.
Or how about:
- Paragliding and hangliding - Montejunto, Serra do Socorro and Santa Rita beach are the main locations for para-gliding and hang-gliding.
- The Santa Cruz aerodrome flying school, which offers flights in light aircraft and gliders.
For more information and advice:
Reservations and Enquiries