Golf Today - Over 80000 pages of golf information
Golf News
 

John Daly defends his course walk off
November 15, 2011

John Daly says while he regrets walking off the course during the first round of the Australian Open last week, he had little choice after running out of balls.

The two-time major winner hit seven balls into the water on the 11th hole Thursday before quitting at The Lakes in Sydney.

Speaking at a Pro-Am in Melbourne on Monday, Daly said: “Of course I regret it. But at the time there wasn’t much I could do.”

An Australasian tour panel is expected to hold a disciplinary hearing this week to consider the incident and decide on possible disciplinary action.

On Thursday, tournament director Trevor Herden described Daly’s actions as “unprofessional,” saying officials would have fetched more golf balls if asked.








Flash Sales!
30% off Golf Care Golf Insurance...

Stuart Barber Blog
All Change for 2015...... Or Where do we go from here?

What's in the Bag?
What the winners are playing on Tour worldwide.

© Golftoday.co.uk 1996-2017 - Terms & Conditions - Privacy Policy - About Us - Advertise - Classifieds - Newsletter - Contact Us