The 4th course on Nicklaus Golf Trail opens for play
The province of Murcia is fast becoming internationally renowned by golf lovers across the world. Its perfect all year round climate, together with good communication network (which will be further enhanced with the new Corvera International Airport due to complete in 2010) make it a popular choice amongst golfers.
Hacienda Riquelme Golf Resort is close to the traditional Spanish town of Sucina, just 10 minutes from the Mar Menor. Different to the other courses in the Nicklaus Golf Trail (a network of 9 courses in the Murcia area of Spain, designed by Nicklaus and his team) Hacienda Riquelme has wide open fairways, challenging bunkers and greens with complicated approach shots.
The playing surfaces are grassed with the latest Paspalum grass, which decreases the need for large amounts of fresh water. The resort offers top class practice facilities including a driving range and putting green and for those wishing to try their hand at other completed courses on the Nicklaus Trail (La Torre, Mar Menor and El Valle) there is a free shuttle bus service between the resorts.
- Par 72, 6,317 metres
- Apartments through Eagleye Rentals start at just £7.50 per person per night based on 4 sharing a 2 bed apartment
- Green Fees 70€ (Discounts for group bookings)
- 2 for 1 offer valid until 15/9/08 – Two players can play for the price of one between 12:00 and 17:00
- Twilight offer – Pay just 30€ for 18 holes after 17:00
- Discounted green fees can be booked online through Club Murcia (www.clubmurica.com)
- Free shuttle service to three other Nicklaus courses
- 15 minutes from Murcia (San Javier) airport, approximately an hour from Alicante
For further information, please contact:
Sue Foyle, Director, Eagleye Rentals Ltd
Tel: +44 2380 873007 / +44 7919 373972
July 10, 2008