Golf Today - Over 80000 pages of golf information
Golf News
 

John Daly pulls out of The Open

July 9, 2013

Former champion John Daly has withdrawn from next week's British Open golf through injury, organizers said on Monday.

The 47-year-old American, who won the major in 1995, will miss the July 18-21 championship at Muirfield. He wrote on Twitter last week that he needed surgery on his elbow.

"Stephen Gallacher is the first reserve and will take his place in the championship," organizers said in a statement.

Briton Gallacher, 38, has won two European Tour events, the most recent of which was the Dubai Desert Classic in February.


The Open RELATED STORIES


OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP BLOG


OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP RECORDS


OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP Trivia






Flash Sales!
30% off Golf Care Golf Insurance...

Stuart Barber Blog
All Change for 2015...... Or Where do we go from here?

What's in the Bag?
What the winners are playing on Tour worldwide.

© Golftoday.co.uk 1996-2017 - Terms & Conditions - Privacy Policy - About Us - Advertise - Classifieds - Newsletter - Contact Us